Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Dec 3, 2013

My Boyfriend, Cupid

This is sequel to My Brother, Cupid

"Are you sure?" I asked Gale.
"Of course," she said.
"Won't your son mind?"
"No, he won't mind at all! We don't want you staying on the street! Besides this will be the perfect time for you to be able to meet Chase," she said smiling.
And with that I bought my airline ticket and started to get ready to go. Despite her reassurance that her son wouldn't mind taking in a total stranger at all, a few weeks later as we were on the flight I was still really nervous.
I sighed as I looked at the cold, snow-covered ground. I had lived in a warm city pretty much my entire life and I had always hated snow and the cold. It was just my luck that we were getting home in January, one of the most dreary months of the year. If Gale's son wasn't willing to take me in like she said, then I'd be sleeping in the snow. But what could I do? I had no where else to go.
"Your son already said it was okay for me to come stay with him, right?" I asked trying to hide the panic in my voice.
Gale looked up with a bewildered look on her face. "What's the matter, dear?"
"You called your son and told him I was coming right."
She shook her head. "No," she said still sounding confused.
"You didn't call him?!" I immediately started to feel panic.
"Don't worry, dear, everything will be just fine."
I was going to argue with her further but at that time we landed and the pilot started telling us unclear instructions over the speaker. We left the plane and went down to the baggage claim, my stomach full of butterflies. Gale immediately ran over to two young men who were chatting by the carousel and grabbed each one in a hug.
"Oh, I've missed my boys so much!" she exclaimed.
"Welcome home, Mom," the older of the two boys said. "We missed you."
"We're so glad you're home, Mom," said the younger one.
"How was your flight?" the older one asked.
"Oh, it was . . . long," she said. Then she turned to me and smiled.
"This is Bridgette," she said pointing to me. "Bridgette, this is Chase," pointing to the older one. "And this is Todd," pointing at the younger one.
"Nice to meet both of you," I said.
"The pleasure is all mine," Chase said as he grabbed my hand and gave it a kiss. "It's always a pleasure to be in such beautiful company."
I could feel my face starting to burn up. And I think I might of sputtered an "Oh, wow." Gale had spent the last year talking about her son and what a catch he was and how perfect we'd be for each other. She had shown me pictures but he was much more charming in person. He was incredibly well-kept but in a casual sort of way. His light blue, button-up shirt was ironed, he was clean shaven, and wearing a nice gray jacket. He also had a handsome smile and beautiful blue eyes.
"Bridgette doesn't have anywhere to go so I told her she could stay with you, since that's where I'm staying, until I get an apartment worked out," I heard Gale say putting a hand on my shoulder.
Chase's smile immediately turned into a scowl and he turned to his Mom. "Mom, I really, really don't like people living with me, even for a few weeks. I'm not some charity that you can just drop anybody off at and I'll just accept."
"It's okay, Gale," I said, panic once again overcoming me. "I'll just . . . find a motel or something if I can pay for it."
"Show some sympathy, Chase," she said. "She's been Africa for the last year, she doesn't have a job, an apartment, money. Your putting her on the streets."
"I don't even know if I have enough room. I mean you're staying with me too and I only have two rooms," he said.
"I can sleep on the couch." I said.
"I don't even know if I have enough couches," he mumbled obviously upset. He looked at me and at his mom and then back to me and then said, "Fine! Bridgette, I'd love to have you as company."
"See, I told you everything would work out," she said in my ear.
I smiled nervously.
"Is there anybody else that you just want to offer my house to, Mom?" Chase said, still upset. "What about that guy over there? He looks like he needs a place to stay and we can't let him stay in a hotel. No, we have to let them all stay in Hotel Chase."
"Oh, stop your complaining Chase," she said. "It'll only be a few weeks. We'll be out of your hair by Valentine's Day, and that's a promise."

My Boyfriend, Cupid Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment