Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Feb 26, 2011

The Forgotten World Part 2

The Forgotten World Part 1

Zoe had been looking at a hill covered with bright yellow flowers when Rocky and his friends had pushed her. She now stood up and watched them go. She then proceeded to go on her way to the Omnipotent Center. She assumed that's where they were going as well. She'd already been walking for an hour and fifteen minutes and she assumed she was getting close.
This assumption was correct because as she rounded the corner of the glass building she was standing by the large concrete Omnipotent Center took up her entire view.
She opened the doors and wandered into the building. She frowned, the Omnipotent Center was the only building in the glass era that was built of concrete instead of glass and it didn't nearly feel as nice on her feet as the glass did. She had been inside this building multiple times and had always been repulsed by the concrete floors.
Despite this, she made her way to the presentation room and looked around. Rocky and his friends were already in the room sitting down. Rocky snickered as he watched Zoe come in looking around like she was lost. "Oh, Zoe, over here," he said in a mocking tone.
Zoe ignored his tone and chose to sit next to him and his crew at the glass table they were sitting at.
They just stared at her until Lulu, a girl who was always chewing gum way to loudly, said, "Rocky, why did you invite the freak to come sit with us?" She didn't even attempt to lower her voice.
Rocky smiled. "Anything for my savage friend, Zoe," he said putting his arm around her. She shrugged it off.
It was then a very tall woman flew in. She landed with a plunk on the concrete and looked around at all the kids. She had very short scarlet hair, so short in fact, she couldn't even put it into a ponytail. She had large blue eyes and very attractive features. She smiled and the room hushed down. "I'm Sasha 86994980. I work at the Omnipotent Center as a career mentor. I'm here to help you chose your career today," she said.
"As you all know, 90 percent of the earth's working population works at the Omnipotent Center in different areas and different positions. The Framtid district has 100 percent of all working citizens working at the Omnipotent Center. I think that deserves a round of applause," she said and the class clapped and cheered loudly, "Okay, okay. Now, the Omnipotent Center has many career choices for all of you. I'm about to send a message to all of your social pads to decide which division you'd like to join the most. The list of your choices starts with the divisions in Framtid and then has the cities close to you and then proceeds to have the cities that are farthest from you. Then of course there's always the choice to opt out and decide to work on a different planet if that's what you really want."
She paused for a few seconds to pull out her social pad and then said, "Okay, you can start now." The kids immediately pulled out their social pads and got to work.
Duke, another one of Rocky's friends, said, "Hmm . . . I'm thinking of going into the transportation division, what are you guys thinking?"
"I really want to go into the shoe division but they let, like, nobody in there, 'cause everybody wants to do that," Daisy said.
"That doesn't even make any sense," Lulu said, smacking her gum, "They need a lot of people in that division. I mean everybody wears shoes."
"Well, almost everyone," Rocky said looking at straight at Zoe. Everyone started laughing.

The Forgotten World Part 3

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment