Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Jan 17, 2017

Cassandra the All Knowing Part 4

Part 3

Sure enough, as soon as Cassandra got back to her apartment she looked up the number of the local television production company and called them. She had considered doing this before but never had but now she was sure that she would succeed, mostly because Anton told her she would.

"This is Channel 10 Entertainment. Lizzie speaking. How may I help you?" a woman said on the other end.

"Hello, my name is Cassandra," She paused for a second and then added. "The All-Knowing. And I was wondering -"

"Wait. Were you the one who was just on Mad Maxwell's show? I was just listening to that on my way to work. You were so amazing. It really sounded like you knew what you were talking about. I mean I don't know if you knew what you were talking about but you sure sounded confident. Did you know you were calling me? Did you know that I was going to pick up?" she said quickly. She paused for a second, thinking to herself, and then asked, "Wait, why are you calling me? It's not bad is it? Oh, please don't tell me that you have bad news for me."

"Actually, Lizzie, I believe you have good news for me. I know your producer, Devin, doesn't typically take calls like this but I do believe with a little convincing he'll take mine. Tell him that I know he has an open slot for an 11:00-11:30 pm show and I'd be interested in pitching an idea for that. Namely, me taking calls live and giving answers. Trust me if he brings me in for that time he has open on Friday he will be impressed and I can make the studio quite a bit of money," Cassandra said.

"Okay!" Lizzie said on the other side. "I'll go talk to him. I'll tell him how great you did on Mad Maxwell's show. Do you mind holding?"

"Dear Lizzie, I was expecting to hold," Cassandra said.

"Okay," she said. The sound of generic hold music played for only a couple of seconds. Cassandra heard the sound of the phone being picked up again.

"Yes, Lizzie," Cassandra said, "If you get me on the show, which I see that you will, you can ask me any question for free."

"Great!" Lizzie said and Cassandra was put on hold once more. Cassandra sighed and moved to the couch. She could see that she was going to be hold for quite a while. After about ten minutes the phone was picked up again.

"Hello?" she heard a man say.

"Hello, Jason, how are you?" she said. She knew that Jason was Devin's assistant.

Jason didn't answer for a few seconds. "Um . . . listen. Devin's not sure about you, he doesn't . . . well . . . he does-"

Cassandra cut him off. "Have an opening on Friday at 1:00 pm. Yes, that will work for me."

"Um, well," Jason said.

"I know. He doesn't want me to audition, even after Lizzie was so persistent. He told you to talk to me and tell me that I wasn't likely to be accepted and try to talk me out of it. But after hearing me say your name even though you didn't give it to me, you are so impressed that you believe I should audition. Right?" she said.

Cassandra waited for a few seconds while Jason didn't say anything. "Why don't I give you a second?" she finally said. And without Jason saying a word hold music came back on.

Just as the hold music ended Cassandra said, "Hello, Devin, my name is Cassandra, the all-knowing. I would like to pitch you the idea for my show. I've seen your future and I know it will be a success."

A deep male voice responded. "Well, I must say you've really impressed my staff. You should have heard the way Lizzie talked about you. Listen, I don't know about this. Shows that feature physics aren't as popular as they were, well, unless your a psychic detective."

"I know. There is a lot of skepticism in my field but if you had a real psychic . . ." Cassandra said.

"I don't believe in psychics in the slightest. But maybe if you act real enough-"

"Trust me, sir. I don't need to act real. I am real. I am a real psychic," she said adamantly into the phone.

She heard Devin chuckle. "Alright, listen, like I said I don't believe in psychics in the slightest, so if you can convince me that you're real, which mind you won't be easy, then you have a spot on my network."

"I knew you would say that. Don't worry, sir, you will be amazed, trust me. I'll see you 1:00 pm on Friday."

"Well, you certainly sound sure of yourself and I guess that's definitely important. I always say if you do anything with enough confidence then people will believe you know what you're doing even if you don't. See you on Friday."

With that Devin hung up the phone and Cassandra smiled to herself. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn't help but wink at herself. "This will go great," she told herself. "Trust me, I'm a psychic."

Part 5

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment