Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Nov 22, 2009

My Brother, Cupid Part 4

“Fine. Fine. I'll take it off,” Chase mumbled. Most of the holidays smiled at this action. He came up to me and waved his hand over where he shot the arrow. This makes the invisible arrow visible to everyone. That's when I heard a gasp from the audience. I didn't understand it until Chase said, “It's gone.”
“The arrow's gone!” I yelled. “What do you mean it's gone?”
“Well, the arrows like a shot-”
“I know, you've already explained it to me,” I said. “So I'm in love with Haley forever now!”
“Pretty much.”
I let out a loud groan.
“Um, I'm going to finish this meeting and then I'll talk to you later. Okay?” Cupid said looking around obviously embarrassed that I was still there.
“Whatever,” I said leaving, my head facing downwards.

It was a few minutes later when the meeting was let out, I didn't really care though. What more could Chase do then what had already been done. Then it was time for the after meeting party where all the holidays sat around and talked to each other.
An old man sat next to me and smiled. He said, “I'm sorry.”
I looked up. I knew all the holidays, from our annual Valentine's Party, but this one didn't look familiar to me. “I'm sorry, who are you?” I asked.
“Don't you recognize me?” he asked.
I looked at him for a few seconds then shook my head, “Sorry, no”
“New Years,” was his response.
Then I took another look at him, it was New Years. “Oh, wow,” I said, “You've grown a ton.” Last time I had seen New Years, he had only looked a few years younger then me. Now he looked like an old man. I then remembered that every year New Years goes through an average life cycle. Chase told me that New Years is like an infant at the beginning of the year and a 100-year-old man at the end.
“You've grown as well, young man,” he said.
“Not compared to you,” I said.
“We've grown the same, age wise,” he said.
“But not look wise,” I said, “How old are you?”
“Not even a year,” he said, “About nine months.”
“I mean look wise,” I said.
“About 65 years,” he said.

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment