Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Nov 12, 2011

The Dreams

Just so you know, this actually was my dream, well, tweeked a lot. My dream was like Inception and three TV shows I had watched mixed with a possible computer game as well as a little bit of reality and my own subconscious thoughts. But this is not my dream. Enjoy.

If my mother had taught me anything, it was hard work. If my father taught me anything, it was to be a lazy drunk bum. Luckily I always preferred my mother.
My mother had liked my father when they were dating, she told me he had been a different man, a gentleman. But just a few months after their wedding, he was laid off of his job. My mother worked at a waitress and my father decided that he no longer needed a job if she was working. He would confiscate her check every month and if she tried to refuse he would hit her or beat her. He started out using it to pay the rent, buy food, and just an occasional beer but as time moved on, he used it mostly only to buy alcohol.
Little did my father know, mostly because he was always to drunk to notice, was that my mother asked for two checks from her work, her boss was happy to oblige when he heard of her circumstances and split her pay in half. She gave him one check and used the other to pay for food and rent as well as saving as much as she could. She told me every day that as soon as she could get enough money, we'd be leaving somewhere where we would be safe, somewhere he would never find us.
I was five years old when we ran away. She had only saved a little money but her sister, her parents, and her friends has helped her out a little too. They couldn't stand seeing her with that man. We had lived in Boston but we went as far as we could, almost to the other side of the country to live in a small town in Montana. My mother got a job, almost right away, once again as a waitress for a small local diner. She divorced my father and we never saw him again. Immediately she looked 20 years younger.
It's been ten years. Now my mother owns the small diner. The original owner, having no kids, gave it to her when he retired. She owns a small house near by with a small garden and a chicken coop. She's engaged to a wonderful man who makes her very happy. As for me, I am 15 years old now and I work as a farm hand at a near by local farm. I also work part-time at my mother's diner. I work hard to help her pay the bills, the rent, and for food.
My story starts at that farm.

Charity, the farmer's youngest daughter, watched me feed the animals. "When's your mom getting married?" she asked me.
"June 18th," I said.
"Oh, we're so excited for her wedding. We were going to give you a little raise so it would be even better," Mrs. White, the farmer's wife, said, coming in.
"That's okay. Will is pretty persistent in paying for the whole thing. He's pretty well off. His house is big enough that all my step-siblings and I will be able to have our own rooms," I said.
"We're going to miss you. What is your mother going to do with her diner?" she asked.
"She's planning on keeping it. She's going to buy a car so she can get there every day. I was planning on keeping my job here at the farm as well. My mom was just going to drive me here every day."
"Well, you're an excellent farm hand. I don't know we'd do without you," Charity said biting her lip and staring at my chest.
"Yes, well we appreciate you for more then just your abs," Mrs. White said.
"Good to know," I said putting back on my shirt, "I have to go start my shift at the diner."
"See you later. I can't wait for your mom's wedding," Mrs. White said.
"Bye Mason," Charity said.

No comments:

Post a Comment