Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Nov 9, 2011

Time Capsule

This is the story I might have written at the end of Future Week, maybe, I actually just came up with the idea recently. Oh, heck, who am I kidding? I had no idea what I was going to write at the end of Future Week just pretend this was it.

Imagine loosing all your senses. You can't feel a thing, it's like floating in mid-air. You can't taste anything. That horrible taste in your mouth, almost as a constant, is gone. You can't smell, you can't see, and you can't hear anything. All of your senses have left. It's almost like you don't have a body at all anymore.
You are completely alone with your thoughts. Time passes but you are unaware of how much. There is nothing distracting you. You have no needs. You don't get hungry, you don't get tired or thirsty, and you don't have any itches anywhere. And all material needs are gone as well, you need nothing when you are nothing.
This was the state I was in currently. When I first realized I was in this state I panicked. How had I gotten here, to this state of nothingness? I started to worry I'd forget who I was. I'd forget where I came from. I'd forget my hopes and dreams.
I'd remind myself constantly, "My name is Destiny Nolan, no middle name. I lived in Denver, Colorado my entire life. I am 16 years old. I have a father but I'm not sure where my mother is. I used to know her but she left soon after I turned 8. I have brown hair that reaches my shoulders and green eyes like my mother." And so on. It was soon after when I realized that the entire process was trivial. I wasn't soon to forget where I had come from, actually the opposite occurred. The past was all I had. I was alone with my memories. You know when you sit and think about something for a while it eventually comes back to you like it had just been waiting for you to look for it. It was like that for me all the time, my memories became sharper things coming back the more I thought about them.
I found thinking about the world's problems and overall intricate philosophical thinking overall boring and monotonous. I preferred thinking of good things I had seen, jokes I had heard, stories I had been told, and things I would do if I were to return to normal. I'm not sure what you would do with what seems like an infinite amount of time alone with your thought but that is what I did with mine.
I had been sitting this way for quite some time. I was unaware how much had passed. When I thought back it seemed like it could have been anywhere from a few minutes to many years. I had become content.
Then it all come back to me at once. Suddenly a flood of light entered where there had only been darkness and a yellow room accompanied it. All of my senses came back to me. You don't realize that you're always hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling something until you haven't for a while. I regained the movements of my body, I literally I was able to feel my body begging my mind to control it. All the aches of being human also returned. I wasn't hungry but I wasn't satisfied with the amount of food I had now. I ached and itched all over. I truly wished I could just close my eyes and go back within the first five seconds of my new existence.
I stumbled into the yellow room. It wasn't actually yellow but because of the artificial lighting, the brown furniture, and the cream colored walls it felt yellow. I looked around. There was no one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment