Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Sep 15, 2012

The Forgotten World Part 16

Yay! New part of the Forgotten World. I realized as I was writing this that I've don't know anything about taking care of cows. I'm going to have to do some research when I work on my second draft. So, just pretend I know what I'm talking about.

The Forgotten World Part 15

Eve stated pulling Zoe along. “The way this works is we four are mostly in charge of cows. We'll only be assigned more different animals or other tasks if other groups are unable to work, has too much work, or just needs help. We have about ten cows we take care of on a daily basis. Right now we have eight and will probably have only eight until some of our cows have babies. The cows we're going to take care of are Autumn, Cucumber, and Flower. Marcus will take care of River, Hope, Luna, Anna, and Brandy,” Eve said.
“Take care of them? What do we do? We don't have any animals up in the glass world,” Zoe said realizing they were getting closer to the cows.
“We feed them, we give them plenty of water; we let them graze; we milk them, thank goodness we only have sows that we take care of; and we show them love,” Eve said.
They approached where a cow was grazing in the grass. “This is Flower,” she said. She picked up a pink tag that seemed to be stuck in the ear. “You can tell by looking at the identification tag in the ear. But once you get to know the cows, you'll probably be able to tell without looking at the ID tags. Flower is so sweet. That's why I'm going to leave you in charge of her today, being your first day and all.”
Zoe started to panic a little. “Wait, you're just going to leave me to take care of the cow?” she said.
Eve laughed. “Of course not! I'm of course going to help you.”
Eve then showed Zoe how to take care of them. It was frustratingly difficult. Zoe got the easy parts down like giving them water. But pretty much everything else was very hard. And milking was near impossible. Even with a sweet-tempered cow such as Flower. Eve was also very sweet-tempered and was patient with Zoe the entire time.
After they were done, Zoe sat on the ground and buried her head in her hands. Eve came up to her and sat down next to her and laughed. “Oh, Zoe,” she said. “That was the most fun I've had in a while. I'm so glad you're on our team.”
Zoe looked up at her confused. “Fun?” she asked sweetly.
“Yeah. I mean I saw how hard you were trying and I thought it was fun working with someone who was as enthusiastic as you,” she said still laughing. She stopped laughing and smiled at Zoe. “By the way, we're not done yet.”
Zoe sunk down. “But aren't the cows all taken care of.”
“Yes!” Eve said. “For the most part anyway, we'll have to lead them back to their stables when night comes. But for right now we have to pasteurize their milk and add their manure to the fertilizer.”
Zoe sighed and followed her.

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment