Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

May 25, 2011

The Forgotten World Part 5

Forgotten World Part 4

Rocky fell on the foot with the shoe on. "Ugh," Rocky said grabbing his ankle. Tears swelled up in his eyes and he rocked back and forth.
Zoe stood up and looked straight up at the hole they had just fallen through, it seemed so far away now. She looked around and suddenly felt an overwhelming sensation of fear and adrenaline. She didn't know anyone who had been on the bottom layer before.
The whole thing had a musty smell to it that she had never smelt before. Everything was so natural down here, all the colors and everything. It was much nicer up close. She could hear a lot of chirping and she assumed it was the birds though she couldn't see any. Currently she was standing on a black surface that felt very uncomfortable on her feet. It was very rough and very bumpy. On her right was gray concrete like they had in the Omnipotent Center. And next to that was some plants that she believed were called grass. Past that was a primitive dwelling of someone who had lived her before the great movement. Everything down here was so fascinating.
Then she noticed Rocky who was biting his lip and whimpering. "Rocky, what's wrong?" Zoe asked.
"My ankle. I think I landed on it wrong," he said.
"Can you stand?" she asked.
Rocky tried but he ended up just groaning and crying even more as he collapsed back on the ground.
"I think you might have broken it. I'm sorry this was my fault, if I hadn't been holding onto you, your shoe would have been able to bring you down slower maybe even bring you back up," Zoe said.
Rocky just looked at her.
"I'll call an ambulance to pick us up," Zoe looked back up at the hole, "I better hurry before close up the hole."
She pressed the button on the Social Pad and it popped up. She immediately started to call for the ambulance. A message popped up: "We're sorry but you cannot make this call. You are currently in a zone out of our service. We're sorry for the inconvenience." Zoe stared at it for a few seconds. This was the first time she had ever seen that message.
"We don't have service," she said quietly and slowly.
"What? What do you mean?" Rocky asked.
"I mean I can't make the call. I guess since nobody's ever falling down to the surface that they never made it so that we could make calls down here," Zoe said looking at Rocky.
"So we're stuck," he asked.
She nodded.
"What now?" he asked.
"We should take care of that ankle first and then we can look for food and water," Zoe said looking around. "These plants look edible."
"What's the point? We're just going to die anyway," he said.
"Rocky, don't talk like that. If our ancestors could survive down here, so can we," Zoe said. "C'mon I'll carry you into that house over there." She then leaned down and gently tried to carry him. He was heavy but she managed to get him all the way to the house. She arrived at the stairs. She looked at them but then went up them. There was only three she opened the door and suddenly her feet hit a cool surface almost like glass but a little bit rougher plus instead of being clear it was cream and opaque. She was going to put him down there but she noticed next to the cream colored surface was gray grass like stuff. She stepped on it and it was soft on her feet like clothing except different. She put him on the floor next to the wall.
"I'm going to look around and see what I can find," she said.
"No, don't leave me here alone," he said.
"Rocky, you'll be fine," she said, "Trust me."
He nodded.
She left him heading away from the cream colored surface and towards the room in the back. So far the entire house didn't have any furniture in it, but as she stepped from one room to another she noticed that in the middle of the room was full of blue smooth table like surfaces, plus she was back on the cream-colored floors. The walls were covered with brown storage units. She opened one and stepped back at what she saw. Inside was this brown-black creature crawling around. Zoe realized that this was the first living creature she had seen besides humans. Zoe searched her memories to see if she could remember the name of it.
"Spider, I think," she said out loud to herself. She closed that cabinet and moved onto the next ones.
She then walked from room to room on the first floor stepping from the cream-colored floor to the gray grass floors. She opened doors and looked in all storage units. She found many more spiders and even a few more crawling things that weren't spiders. She found one door that just dropped straight down. She immediately closed that one. She didn't find anything. These were people that brought everything with them when they had left.
She kept going until she had gotten back to where she had started.
"Did you find anything?" Rocky asked her.
"Not yet but I haven't even checked the 2nd floor," Zoe said referring to the stairs that she was standing by. "And if I can't find anything up there I could always check the other houses around."
"No, that's okay, really. Don't leave," Rocky said.
"I'm going to go check upstairs," Zoe said. She paused at the stairs though. Every house in Framtid was only one story, she had never really been on stairs before, besides the three steps leading up to the house. She sighed and made her way up.

The Forgotten World Part 6

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment