Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

May 26, 2011

The Forgotten World Part 6

The Forgotten World Part 5

As she made her way to the top of the stairs she felt a sore pain in her legs. She looked back at the stairs for a few seconds and then moved on.
She wandered into the first room and she looked around suddenly something almost hit her. She stumbled backwards and hit a wall. Right above her was a bird and a nest, the window was broken and it was obvious that was how it had flown through. Zoe felt her heart speed up quickly. She left the room without a second thought.
She wandered around the other rooms on the second floor being careful. She walked into one room with two white storage spaces. These storage spaces were unique though as she opened them she realized that they were circular spaces instead of the square spaces that the others had. She looked down and realized that they had drawers at the bottom. She pulled the drawers out and looked in.
Inside were square pieces of cloth. She picked them up and smiled. She envisioned herself tying the square cloth around Rocky’s ankle. “This could help,” she said. She grabbed as many as she could and went down stairs.
“Rocky, look what I have!” she said as she walked slowly down the stairs.
“What? What is it?” he said.
“I don’t know, but I think it could help,” she said. She leaned down, took off his shoes, and tied one around his leg. It seemed to help a little but what she needed was some sort of support.
Suddenly she heard a sharp painful rasp on the window. She looked and there were was an overgrown tree hitting it. She smiled. “I’ll be right back, Rocky,” she said.
“Zoe!” he said as she ran for the front door.
She grabbed a bunch of tree branches in her hand and pulled them off. She started to peal of the flowers and leaves as she walked inside. She sat down and started working hard by putting branches around his leg and tying them with pieces of cloth.
“There, how does that feel?” she said to him tying the last knot.
“Painful,” he said. She frowned. “But it will do. I think it’s helping, actually.”
“I’m so sorry, Rocky,” she said.
He just looked at her.
“I’m going to go look for some food. I couldn’t find any in here,” she said.
“Zoe, wait,” he said.
“What?”
“Never mind,” he said. “I just don’t think there’s anything edible out there. And I mean how would you be able to tell?”
“I’ll see what I can find,” she said leaving.
She looked for things that she had heard that were edible such as berries or roots. She only sort of knew what they looked like. Berries, she had heard were round and colorful. She searched in her memory for roots but she couldn’t remember what they were.
She searched through the grass and in the bushes. She found flowers but she couldn’t seem to find any berries. A few flower bushes poked her, she abandoned those ones quickly. She tried not to stray to far from the house.
She was looking through a large bush in the front of the house when she a male voice say, “Who’s there?” from the other side of the bush.
It had to be a rescue team. Someone had noticed that they were gone and also the hole in the glass. She jumped up and ran around to the other side yelling, “You have to help me.”
On the other side were four young boys. They each had neutral colored hair, and neutral colored clothes. On their backs were large bags. They each had a sharp weapon held out like a sword or a knife, they weren’t weapons that were used where she cam from. She backed up a little. “You have to help me,” she said in a quieter voice.
“What tribe are you from?” The one in the front with a longer sword asked. He was Asian and had sharp black hair and brown eyes.
“What?” she asked. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m from Framtid.”
They looked at each other confused. “Where’s that?” another boy asked. This one had light brown hair and blue eyes.
She pointed up. They all looked.
“You’re from the Glass World?” the blue eyed boy asked.
She nodded. “Aren’t you?” she said.
“No,” they all said individually.
“But nobody lives down here. Everyone went up.”
“Not everybody,” said another boy with a darker brown hair and a crooked nose.
Zoe stepped back even more. “I’m Zoe,” she said.
“I’m Noah,” said the boy with the crooked nose.
“I’m Jonah,” said the Asian boy.
“I’m Jacob,” said the boy with light brown hair.
“I’m Eli,” said a tall boy in the back who hadn’t talked yet.
“You have to help me,” Zoe said.

The Forgotten World Part 7

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment