Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Nov 23, 2011

The Forgotten World Part 12

The Forgotten World Part 11

“Right this way, Zoe,” Jacob said going into a room. A man also followed them in. Zoe and Jacob put Rocky on the table.
“I'm Dr. John,” he said. “So let me get this straight. You two fell from hundreds of feet up in the air and all you got was a hurt ankle?” He pointed at Rocky. “And this one didn't take any harm at all?” He pointed to Zoe. “Tell me, how is that possible?”
“It was my shoe it slowed down our fall,” Rocky said.
“Rocky hit the ground before me. He broke my fall,” Zoe said.
“Fine. Fine. I'm not sure if it's broken or just twisted, I mean nothing looks out of place or weird, but I'm going to put a cast on it anyway. You'll be able to get it off in a month,” Dr. John said.
“Wait, can't you just cure it with a laser?” Rocky said his eyes growing wide.
“Oh, boy,” Dr. John responded shaking his head. “Maybe where you're from. But if we can't even take a decent X-ray then we definitely can't do that. And since this is obviously your first time getting a cast, I'm going to warn you it's going to hurt quite a bit.”
Rocky whimpered. “I'm not sure if I want-”
“Stop being such a baby. I'll tell you one thing, kid, if you're going to live here you're going to need to man up,” he said. “Listen, if you don't get a cast on it and don't let it set it's going to hurt even worse.”
“Um, okay. I'll do it,” Rocky said squeezing his eyes shut.
“I'm going to ask you four to leave,” Dr. John said to Zoe, Jacob, and his sisters.
“Okay,” Jacob said as he guided the girls out.
As soon as they were out Rachel turned to Zoe and said, “You get to sleep in our room.”
“What?” Jacob said.
“She's right. Zoe's your responsibility which in turn means she's our responsibility,” Leah said.
“I think you're right, and we definitely have enough room for two more cots. I think we can make it work. Who's going to tell mom and dad?” Jacob said.
“We're right here,” a tall woman with the same nose and the same light-brown hair color as Jacob said.
“And we already set up the two additional cots,” the man that was her companion said.
“I'm Ruth and this is my husband, Daniel,” the woman said. “C'mon we'll show you where you'll be staying.” She then grabbed Zoe by the hand and led her up the stairs.
Zoe sighed and turned towards Jacob. “I hope that gets easier,” she said smiling.
“You hope what gets easier?” he responded.
“Stairs. Would you believe that the ones we just went up are only my second?” she said.
“Yeah, you'll get used to them,” he said.
“Thank goodness,” she said.
She was then led a little bit further and into a room. On the floor were six cots arranged in a circular pattern. They were all a light tan and each had a pillow on the end except one had two. The walls were covered hand prints and all sorts of things in different colors of paints. There was a storage unit against one wall that more of the brown storage units Zoe had seen in the house. “It's very nice,” she said.
“Thank-you. You'll be staying here for a while so I hope so,” Ruth said. “I going to go help with dinner. I'll come get you when it's ready.

The Forgotten World Part 13

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment