Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

May 11, 2012

The Forgotten World Part 14

Yay!!! Part 14!!! You have no idea how bad my writer's block was. It's gone now so you'll probably get a lot more soon. I'm excited to write more but I've been working on this for an hour and I need to do homework.

The Forgotten World Part 13

The next morning Zoe woke up when Ruth gently tapped her shoulder and told her to wake up. She opened her eyes quickly and looked around remembering where she was. Today was her real first official day in the tribe. She watched Ruth go around the circle and wake up Rocky and Rachel as well just as gently. When she woke Rachel up, she reached up and grunted. Her mother leaned down and picked her up. “Come on, Rachel, you get to help mommy make breakfast for the tribe this morning,” she said very softly, kissing Rachel on the cheek.
Zoe stared, not being quite able to understand what she saw. The tribe was different from her culture, she knew this, but this was how some mothers treated their daughters but there was something different about this interaction, something that she had never seen before.
This staring was not lost on Ruth, unfortunately she misinterpreted it as Zoe being confused about what she was supposed to do. She put Rachel back on the ground, still holding her hand, and walked over to Zoe. “You see those clothes over on the counter, those are for you and Rocky, your clothes are the ones with the pendant on top. That's a gift from Mother Sarah to welcome you in the tribe. Rocky was given a jacket, it's quite warm, he doesn't need to put it on yet. After that, Leah can show you where the brush is and other things are. We'll get you on the showering schedule as soon as possible. We typically take a shower every other day,” she said. “Is there anything else I can help you with?”
“What can I help with?” Zoe said.
Leah, who had been listening, immediately chipped in, “Mom, she can help with the herding. I can show her how.”
“You're quite eager, aren't you, Zoe? That might not be a bad idea. Go talk to Marcus and see what he says,” she said. Leah ran out of the room.

The Forgotten World Part 15

Index

No comments:

Post a Comment