Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

May 5, 2012

The Last Girl on Earth Part 2

This reminds me of something you'd see off the Disney Channel. Which I love.

The Last Girl on Earth Part 1

I pulled my history book into my bag and searched through my locker to see if there was any other book I would need for homework tonight. McKenna Penworth walked up with her nose in the air and that satisfied snooty look about her. I was hoping she wouldn't stop to brag to me.
She did. "Rachel," she said very friendly. "I heard you were waiting for Dominic to ask you to dance. You don't have to wait anymore, he asked me."
She paused waiting for a response. Probably an outraged cry of disbelieve. There was none. I was disappointed but I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction.
She continued. "Anyway, I don't know why you even thought he was going to ask you. He doesn't like you, at all. He'd probably sooner ask his own cousin to the dance then you, and she's kind of a freak."
She paused. No reaction.
"Let's face it, Rachel, he wouldn't ask you if you were the last girl on Earth." And with that she flipped around with a satisfied "Hmm" and walked away.
That's when Natalie came up from around the back. "I just saw you talking to McKenna. That can't be good," she said.
"Dominic asked McKenna to the dance," I said closing my locker and sighing.
Her face dropped into the shocked expression that McKenna expected me to have. "Oh my gosh, Rachel, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" she asked.
"I'm fine. Now I'm just hoping that I'll just get asked to the dance," I said.
"Anyone who doesn't ask you is an idiot," she said.
"Thanks, Natalie," I said. "I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yep, sure thing. See you tomorrow," she said as she gave me a hug.

As I walked inside I was received with a horrible stench of boys. That's what happens when you have four brothers. I'm the only the girl out of five. Two older: Joe, who's 19; William, who's 17; and then the twins who are two years younger then me: Clayton and Christian. I made my way to the kitchen only almost getting ran over once by the twins who were chasing each other.
My mom was sitting at the table leaning over her laptop with papers all around her. When she saw me come in she said, "Hey, sweetheart, what's up?"
"McKenna's really mean, and Dominic asked her to the dance," I said sitting down right next to her.
"Aw, I'm sorry. You said this was a casual dance though, right? Maybe he's saving the best for Prom," she said.
"Thanks for your optimism, mom. McKenna said I had no chance with him, though," I said.
"She probably just said that because she's jealous of you," she said.
"Jealous? Of me? I'm the most average person ever. I'm not super pretty but I'm not ugly. I'm not a straight A student but I don't fail classes. I'm not rich but I'm not poor. I'm not blond, or a red head, I'm just a brunette. Even my height, five feet four inches is the national average for women. There's nothing special about me, I'm just average," I said.
"I think your more then just average. You're very smart, you always stand up for what's right. Why I bet you, someday, you're going to do something very special. And when people look back at you, I guarantee the first word that comes to their mind won't be average," she said smiling at me.

The Last Girl on Earth Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment