Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Oct 2, 2018

Cassandra the All Knowing Part 12

Part 11

Cassandra couldn't help but feel nervous as she walked up to the radio station.  Nothing had been going her way lately and there was no reason for her to believe that this would.

Cindy greeted her when she walked in.  "Great!  I'll let you in as soon as there's a commercial or we're playing music."

Cassandra just nodded solemnly and followed Cindy to the recording room.  They waited a couple of minutes and then Cindy opened the door and Cassandra walked in.  Mad Maxwell smiled at her, but Cassandra had a hard time returning the pleasantry.

"Cassandra!  You're last show was brilliant.  So excited to have you back," he said.

"Thanks," she said.

Maxwell stared at her for a few seconds.  "We just have this song and a couple of commercials and then you'll be on," he said.  "Is everything alright?"

Cassandra immediately popped out of her nervous funk.  She didn't want to loose her only chance of getting some of her clients back.  "I'm doing wonderful, Maxwell, happy to be here," she said.

Maxwell chuckled.  "Alright.  Alright.  Save it for the show," he said.

They chatted for a little while, Cassandra tried to keep the conversation off of her.  And then the show was back on.  "Alright, we're back.  And with me I have fan-favorite, Cassandra Priam.  How are we doing today, Cassandra?" he said.

"We'll I don't know how we're doing, but I'm doing excellent," she said.  She hoped to herself that her clients hadn't turned off the radio when they heard her name.

"Excellent.  Excellent.  Let's go ahead and take some calls then," he said.

"No!" she yelled, a bit too loudly.  Everyone in the room stared at her.  "I just mean, the reason why I'm here, I wanted to check up on the young lady, Melody, to see if she met the young man I said she would.  I'm sure people just want to hear music until then."

Mad Maxwell just continued to stare at her.  "Uh, anyway, I have Cassandra here.  She's a phenomenal psychic, despite that weird outburst.  You have a question for Cassandra, give us a call."

"We have a caller on line 3," the technician said.

"Great, welcome, what's your name?" Mad Maxwell asked.

"Vinny," the voice on the phone said.

"And, Vinny, what's your question?"

"Yeah, so recently I haven't been having much luck with business.  I'm a wedding photographer.  And I was just wondering would I have more luck if I tried somewhere else?"

Mad Maxwell looked at Cassandra.  Vinny was planning on moving to a different state, but he wouldn't have any recommendations from his clientele there.  He'd be better off both with his clientele and happiness if he stayed in the same city.  The problem was the season, not the place.  "Um, what do you think would be best?" she asked him, trying her hardest to not give him any predictions.

"I don't know.  That's why I'm calling.  Because on one hand, this is where I live, but on the other hand, I think I might be more successful if I move somewhere with more weddings.  What do you think?" he asked.

"Perhaps it is the season that's the problem and not the location?" she said.

There was a brief pause.  "Yeah, no offense, but I don't think you actually know what your talking about.  Uh, I guess I'll figure this out on my own.  Thanks, anyway."

"Sure," Cassandra said.

"We have another caller.  Hopefully, the spirits won't get intermingled this time," Mad Maxwell said laughing.  "Alright, who do we have calling?"

"Stephanie," the girl said.  "I just graduated high school and I was wondering what I should do next."

It would probably be in Stephanie's best interest to start college right away because if she waited a year like she wanted to it was going to take her three times as long to graduate.  "What do you want to do, Stephanie?" Cassandra asked.

"Well, I was thinking about taking a year off and saving money," she said.

"Good.  Do that," Cassandra said.

There was a pause.  "Everything will be okay if I do that?  It's a good decision?"

Cassandra tried to think of a way to avoid that direct question.  "Hmm, I think so," she said.

"Okay, thanks," Stephanie said and she hung up.

"Okay, thank-you, Stephanie.  Caller #3, what is your problem and how can we help you."

Cassandra took two more calls.  Every time, they left feeling dissatisfied, but at least Cassandra felt like she sounded believable.  Then the call was she waiting for happened.

"Sounds like we have Melody from the car show on the line.  How's it going, Melody?" Mad Maxwell asked.

"What did you do?" Melody asked.

"What?" he asked.

"Melody, did you meet that man, Tim?" she asked.

"Yeah, I did.  Just like you planned, right?"

"Not my plans.  Fate's plans," Cassandra said.

"I am so creeped out, you have no idea.  I cannot believe that you hired an actor to start dating me just so you could get more business.  I feel like I have a thousand bugs crawling on me," she said.  Cassandra was shocked.  What had she just said?

"Did you do that?" Mad Maxwell asked.

"No, it was just a prediction.  Look, I know I've been sounding unbelievable lately, but that's just because I was cursed to sound unbelievable.  I really can tell the future.  That's why you met Tim," Cassandra said.

"Yeah, right!  Psychics aren't real, or at least you're not real.  I'm breaking off my date with Tim, right now.  How dare you?  You can't play with people's emotions like that."  And with that, Melody hung up.

"It does seem a little weird, Cassandra.  Look, I've had you on my show a few times, and I don't know if you really did hire that guy, but I think I want you to leave," he said.

"I was just cursed, Mad Maxwell, I'm the real deal," she said.

"Well, maybe you were cursed that you can't tell the future anymore," he said.  "Either way, I think it would be best if you left."

"No!" she screamed.  "I was cursed to sound unbelievable.  I can tell the future!"

"Alright, thank-you, Cassandra!  You're listening to -"

"I'm telling the truth.  I know everything, Maxwell, everything!  I know that you're going to eat a sandwich tomorrow.  I know you're going to die at 78 years old.  I know that -"

"We've cut to commercial," she heard the technician say.

"Maxwell," Cassandra said.

"Cassandra, I've tried to be civil.  Leave," he said.

She started to laugh.  "You'll regret this!  You'll all regret this!  I know everything, la la la la.  And none of you, none of you will be able to access my knowledge," she said.

"Leave, Cassandra," he said.

"Already gone," she said.  And with that, she stormed out.

Part 13
Index

No comments:

Post a Comment