Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Aug 29, 2010

A Smile that can Light Up any Song

One thing I learned at Center Stage was to always smile while singing. And that's one thing that made their shows amazing. I decided to apply the smile while you sing concept to hymns. I'm amazed at the results from this simple concept.
When singing wonderful hymns, smiling definitely invites the spirit. As does thinking about the words.
Today we had a farewell for a young man in our ward and the youth sang the youth medley "As Sisters in Zion - Army of Heleman". This song is normally spiritual but by smiling I felt much more spiritual. Not only that but a few women came up to me later and thanked me for my smile.
So basically a smile is a wonderful device and should be used during singing. It will make you feel so good.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I noticed your smile too. You were one of the few who looked like they actually enjoyed being up there singing. Thanks for helping to bring the spirit. It was great!!!

    ReplyDelete