Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Jan 1, 2011

Lost in the Translation

I went to Google Translate and decided to translate part of My Brother, Cupid into Lithuanian and back to English and back to Lithuanian five times. This is the result.

Beginning: Hate was my brother's number one no-no word. He wouldn't let me use it to describe anything: food, television shows, situations, and especially not people. Ever since he became Cupid and decided that love was the source of all happiness and all things good in life he decided that hate was the devil. He even got mad at my mom once when she used it.
So needless to say I knew I was in trouble. I wasn't sure what he was going to do. "Hate?" he squeaked, "You hate me?" That wasn't what I expecting.
I was about to apologize, but I was still too upset to act on this notion. Instead I went along with the whole hate thing. "Yes," was my answer, true or not. "I do. You're way annoying, and super weird, and-"

After Five Times: Hatred was my brother's number one no-no word. He would not let me use it to describe everything: food, television shows, situation, and especially not the people. Cupid and have since decided that love was all happy and everything is a source of life, he decided to hate the devil. He even got mad at my mom for the first time she used it.
So to say, I knew I was in for trouble. I do not know what he intends to do. "Hate?" he squeaked, "You hate me?" This was not what I expected.
I was about to apologize, but I was still too upset to act this notion. Instead, I put together with all the hate thing. "Yes, " was my reply, it's true or not. "I do. You're way annoying and super strange, and-"

The moral of this story is be careful when using google translate you may think you're saying something when in all actuality your not. Always double check by putting it back through or doing one word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment