Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Oct 2, 2011

Ice Cold Matilda

The Densons picked up their boxes and put them in the back of their truck as they once again left another house. Mrs. Denson's hobby was to buy a house, fix it up, and sell it and then do it again. Mr. Denson was supportive of his wife and could quite honestly work anywhere as long as he had access to the internet, a telephone, and an airport to his advantage. Their kids, Megan and Josh, didn't especially like always moving around and leaving their friends but they never really stayed anywhere long enough to become too attached.
Today they were heading to a large house in a small town. They had got for relatively cheap because of the age of the house and because it was a real fixer-upper. Mrs. Denson was thrilled.
When they entered the town they noticed that the houses weren't right next to each other like they were in the last place they'd been. They were separated from each other with farm land or forest between them. The further they went into the center of town, the closer the buildings came together.
Mr. and Mrs. Denson decided to stop at a small convenience store to pick up some groceries for the week.
"We're going to want to make sure that it's not perishable, since Julie said that the house doesn't have a fridge. Just an ice-box," Mrs. Denson said to Mr. Denson.
"I know, dear, you already told me," he said.
Josh followed his parents with his little sister on his side. Josh was 16 years old and Megan was 14. He was a quite taller then her and had dark brown hair. Megan's hair was a sandy blond, she wore braces on her teeth which she played with, with her tongue as her parents argued about what to get. Josh ignored them and instead pulled out the book he was reading out of his backpack and started to read.
After a lot of arguing and a little bit of time they eventually made their way to the register. The woman looked up at them with narrow eyes and said, "You're not from around here are you? Where are you heading?" She had dark gray hair and a scowl on her face that looked like if she tried smiling, she would fail.
"We're heading to the Dewdrop Manor just down the road from here, we just purchased it," Mrs. Denson said.
A loud silence hit as everyone looked at the Denson family.
"Did you say the Dewdrop Manor? Let me guess, you've never been there," the cashier said.
"No, we haven't. But my husband can read a map pretty well, so we'll be able to find it," Mrs. Denson said.
"How did you know?" Megan asked.
"Because if you had you wouldn't have bought it. That place is ice-cold thanks to the ghost," she said.
"Ghost?" Mr. Denson asked.
"The entire Manor is haunted. 16-year-old Matilda Marchbanks wandered through the cold winter night looking for a place to warm herself up when she found the Dewdrop Manor. She knocked on the door and asked to warm herself up and for whatever reason was turned away. Due the negligence of the couple in the manor she froze to death and died. She still haunts the Manor to this day making it as cold as the day she died," she said.
"That's nonsense. Every old house needs a ghost story, right? I don't believe a word of it. I don't believe in ghosts," Mrs. Denson said.
"Fine," the cashier said, "Believe what you want. You'll believe me though when you get to house.

No comments:

Post a Comment