Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Sep 19, 2009

Leah, Rachel's Sister

It was the large commotion that grabbed my attention, people outside were rejoicing for some man named Jacob was here. I wandered out to see what everyone was yelling about. There I saw a man, and he was fair to look upon. But who he was, I didn't know. My younger sister, Rachel, saw and explained it to me, “This is Jacob, Rebekah's son.” Rebekah was my father's sister.
Then my father saw me also, “Jacob, this is my daughter, Leah.”
That is when the man saw me. He didn't smile as he looked into my eyes. Then he nodded politely and returned his attention to my father.
My father then said, “Surely thou art my bone and my flesh.”* And Jacob stayed with us for a month.
After a month my father thought that Jacob should work for us as he explained it, “Because thou art my brother, shouldest thou therefore serve me for nought? Tell me, what shall thy wages be?”*
Immediately Jacob looked longingly after Rachel. His eyes met hers and the shared a long loving glance. “I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter,” he then said.
My father shifted uncomfortably in his chair. He had a hard time giving Rachel to anyone. Then he quickly looked at me and I knew what he was thinking, “But my eldest, Leah, has not been wed yet.” Though he never actually said it. After another few long glances at Rachel and Jacob. He finally made up his mind, “It is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me.”*

*Phrases directly from the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment