Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Jan 27, 2010

The Selfless

This story has a much more serious tone to it. It actually has to do with how a selfless act can go a long way. It also has to do with things like war, poverty, and national debt. Don't get offended, these are just my opinions.

Katie opened the door to her small house and threw the keys on the table, she then sat down and started to look quickly through the mail. She opened nothing but just threw it on the table to look at later. But something caught her eye, most of the letters had said her name, but not this one.
This one was unique from the others, the small manuscript read "Phillip D. Butler". It must have been a mistake. She started to think. Did she know a Phillip D. Butler? No. How close by did he live? What was the address? She gaped as she read her own address. The right thing to have done right then would have been to return the letter to post office and tell them of the mistake.
But that is not what happened. Katie was much to nosy to keep to her own business, the letter looked important and she wanted to open it. She justified her actions by thinking to herself, They'll probably just send it back anyway. And it was sent to my address, maybe they just got the name wrong.
So she opened it. It was a repossession letter. They were going to repossess her house unless she could get to them the proper amount of money by June 3, 2056.
"2056!" Katie exclaimed. That's when she felt herself get lifted up in the air by a rush of wind.

2 comments: