Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Jan 3, 2010

The New Year

I'm sometimes a pessimist. I realized this on New Year's Eve. At midnight I thought about the new year. While most people were hopeful my first thought was, "Well, 2009 was a pretty bad year, I'm guessing 2010 is going to be even worse." Yeah, not the most optimistic thought. Actually it was completely pessimistic. I apologize. I don't get excited easily; I drive people nuts. My friends and family all criticize me for not enjoying vacations. I'm a very pessimistic person. But while I like to complain and think negatively, I also have hope and this is what this post is about.
I like to think of the new year like a baby, completely innocent. The year hasn't been corrupted yet by evils of this world but sits like a clean slate ready for stories to be written by billions of anxious people. Each story affecting another. The year starts out well, with the hope of New Years. But I also believe it ends well with the love of Christmas. I am anxious for this year. Clean and untouched I hope to make this a wonderful year for many others. I hope to bring happiness and bring them the year that they wanted. Hope is the key. And it's what helps me get through life. I hope for a good year. I hope for others as well as myself.
So as you can see, even though I am pessimistic I am also hopeful. Hope is an amazing concept. Through hope are things done. Through hope people are able to see optimistically.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    Good thoughts. I like your out look on the new year I hope it is a great year for all of us. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beat the record for the most comments yah

    ReplyDelete