Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Mar 19, 2010

The Piano Man

My favorite song right now is the piano man by Billy Joel. I really like the lyrics especially the part that says "Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness but it's better then being alone."
Here's the lyrics:

Piano Man

Billy Joel

It's nine o' clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in.
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and gin.

He says, "Son can you play me a memory.
I'm not really sure how it goes.
But it's sad and it's sweet
And I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

Chorus: Sing us a song you're the piano man.
Sing us a song tonight.
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody.
And you've got us feeling alright.

Now, Jon at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free.
And he's quick with a joke
Or he'll light up your smoke
But there's some place that he'd rather be.

He says "Bill, I believe this is killing me."
As a smile ran away from his face.
"But I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place."

Now, Paul is a real-estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Davy
Who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the business men slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call lonliness
But it's better then drinking alone


Chorus

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been coming to see
To forget about life for a while

And the piano sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
They sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man what are you doing here."

Chorus

1 comment: