Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Nov 5, 2010

My Brother, Cupid Part 14

This was a lot to take in. My mind went back to the day when Chase first told me that he was Cupid, he seemed so sure of himself. He must of used the word love a thousand time. He had told me he didn't even want to take me in because he was worried that he might loose his job. It had been pretty obvious that he loved being Cupid more then me. But now I wasn't so sure.
"You have to understand what's like to be a Holiday, Todd. It's hard. There's no normalcy. Everyday to us is the holiday that we represent. You've seen your brother's house," Lucky the Leprechaun said.
"Besides Santa and New Year we all started as normal people. We had to give up a lot when we became Holidays," Mother Day said.
"Even Tom and I have human forms," said the Easter Bunny.
"Your brother, like the rest of us, is controlled by the Holiday. His holiday is all about love. No, not love, infatuation. He's controlled by the force of infatuation, is it any wonder that he wants you involved in his life," Father Day said.
They all started talking at once about how hard it was to be a holiday. Something along the lines of how New Year could never make any friends because he always matured way faster then them and how Dracula could never give out enough candy at Halloween and how Father Day never seemed to do enough to make Mother Day happy. If I was confused before, I was even more confused now.
"Enough!" I yelled. "I understand. I just need to think for a couple of minutes to think about this."
They nodded their heads and I left. I went and sat down on one of Dewey's couches. I started to think. I went back to when I was six and Chase was twelve:
"Didn't mom tell you not to climb on the banister?" Chase asked me giving me a tissue for my bloody nose.
"Are you going to tell her?" I asked still crying. My mom had gone to some sort of charity thing and had left Chase in charge.
"Even if I didn't your nose might give her the hint," he said helping adjust the tissue.
I started to cry even louder.
"Okay. Okay. Listen, we'll just tell mom that you fell of your bike and hit your nose, okay?" he said.
"Really? You'd lie for me?" I said.
"If you really needed me to, I'd do anything for you, Todd. That's what brothers do," he said.
He was always doing things for me. That's when I realized something. He never told on me but I was always telling on him. He was a pest, but I could be a pest at times too. He had even taken me in to live with him when I had no where else to go, he didn't have to do that. He was a true brother. And I was just the ungrateful kid who lived with him.
I knew at that point I had to go back to him and tell him how I really felt.

I shut the door to my house. I have to admit after spending a week in a haunted house that coming back to my brother's romantic house was a bit of a relief. But when I looked around the house wasn't up to Chase's normal standards. In fact it was quite messy.
"Who's there?" I heard Chase yell.
"It's me, Todd," I said. I turned around to put my shoes away when I got hit by a 21-year-old romantic.
"I've been worried sick about you. Where have you been?" he said.
I was going to answer. I was, honestly, but I got distracted. "I was . . . Aw, Man, you look awful." And he did. His normally curly cherub hair was stick straight and all out of place. His blue eyes were in company with huge bags right under them. He was still wearing a pair of heart pajamas even though it past noon. And he stunk.
"I've been worried about you," he said. "That's not important now. I figured it out."
"What? What did you figure out?"
"How to make things right between you and Haley," he said.
"What?" I said.
"That's why you were mad right? Well I figured it out. A way to solve your problem with Haley without using love magic," he said.
"I'm listening."
"You need to tell her the truth."
"You mean -"
"You need to tell her that I'm Cupid."

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment