Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Dec 28, 2009

My Brother, Cupid Part 6

That next morning wasn't the greatest either. It was hard to go back to school once I knew that I was going to have to face Haley with a huge crush on her. As much as I hated to admit it, I liked her, and I didn't want her to think I was some kind of creep. I also realized that I probably wouldn't like her if it wasn't the affect of the arrow.
I slipped into my first class and sat down in the nearest desk I could find. I was here before Haley was, so it didn't matter where I sat yet. Then Haley walked in. I felt my heart race as I waved at her and yelled, "Haley!"
She looked embarrassed as her friends started to giggle. "Um, hi," she said, in her always polite way.
"You look gorgeous as always," I said.
She didn't even answer that and walked briskly to a different desk. Her friends that she had walked in, lingered a few seconds to stare at me. Then they both ran over to her snickering.
The next few days that followed seemed to have a similar pattern. I could see in her face that she hated the attention she was getting from me. Unfortunately she couldn't see that I suffering as well. Normally I only saw her once in a while, but eventually I did see her at lunch.
I walked over to her table, holding my tray in my hands. I was determined to sit with her, actually the stupid love spell was determined that I was going to sit with her. "Can I sit here?" I asked referring to an empty chair.
"Sure," one of her friends said snickering.
Haley looked at her terrified. "Um, can I talk to you?" she asked me.
"Of course," I said putting my tray down. I followed her over by a wall.
She briskly smiled at a few passerbyers and turned to face me, a very serious expression on her face. "Look, uh, it's Tom, right?" she asked.
Close enough to satisfy me. "Actually it's Todd."
"Right," she said, "Todd. Look, I know you like me. And, well, I don't like you. Actually you kind of scare me. Look, I'm sorry. It's just . . ."
Ouch. "I understand," I said. And I did understand, it's just my dorky hormones didn't. Suddenly I felt very upset, not at Haley, this wasn't her fault, but at my idiot of brother, Chase.
She watched me for a few seconds to see if I was okay, and then went to join her friends. I followed her absent minded. She turned around obviously to tell me to stop following her. "Need my food," I said pointing.
She turned red, "Oh, right."
I grabbed my tray and wandered to my normal spot. But as I bit down on my food my mind was only on how I would get my brother back.

"Chase!" I yelled as I walked into the house and threw my stuff to the side.
He walked downstairs. "'Sup little bro," he said attempting to be cool.
I rolled my eyes. "I'll tell you what's up, Haley told me off today."
"Who's Haley?" he asked.
"My arrows victim," I said.
"The girl you like?" he guessed.
"Yes," I said.
Chase actually looked sorry. "Wow, I'm sorry, dude. That sucks," he said.
"Yeah, and it's your fault," I said. "She thinks I'm some creep because of your stupid love spell."
"Oh," Chase said. Then he perked up, "You know I could just-"
"No, don't hit her with an arrow," I said. I stomped off to my room saying, "I'm sick and tired of your stupid arrows."
"I'll make this up to you," he yelled after me, "Trust me, I'll make this up to you."

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment