Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Dec 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

It is Dec. 31st. And all though I am proud to say that I kept my resolution the whole year, I need to make some new ones.
1. To write in my blog at least ten times a month. To develop, improve, and work on my talents is very important to me.
2. To do at least five service projects.
3. To get a summer job.
4. To read my scriptures every day.
5. To improve my relationship with my family, through family activities, simple service projects, and spending quality time with them.

I'm eager to get started, because I know that if I really try, I can succeed. I also learned last year that little mistakes doesn't mean you're done, you can still accomplish your goal without completely accomplishing your goal. Just because you fall doesn't mean you have to stay on the ground.
My only resolution that I had last year was to be vegetarian for a whole year. I hate to admit it, but I did eat meat last year. Still I ended the year as a vegetarian. I may have not perfectly gotten my goal. But I still believe with all my heart that I did actually accomplish what I was trying to do. I got the rewards and benefits that come from being vegetarian still.
So really, I would say, don't worry about messing up. None of us are perfect. Choose a goal, and work on it all year round. Work on it being the key words. You don't have to accomplish your exact goal to accomplish your goal. Don't give up just because you weren't perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I agree with you. Too often it is easy to make a goal - not reach it perfectly - and then use that as an excuse to give up. Not doing something perfectly is not a good reason to give up - we should always get back up and keep trying.

    Well done on reaching your goals last year. I am proud of you. I wish you the best on your new resolutions.

    ReplyDelete