Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Dec 20, 2010

My Brother, Cupid Part 19

"He shot it at me on the first day of school. He was trying to be funny. But basically you're the first girl I saw and-"
"Wait, how? I saw you pass a bunch of girls," she said.
She had noticed that. That's amazing. "I had to make eye contact with the girl in order to, you know, fall in love."
"Oh, that would explain why you were looking at the ceiling," she said.
"I can't believe you noticed me doing that," I said.
"Actually that's why I ran into you. I was trying to figure out what you were looking at," she said. "Anyway, continue."
"Right. So you were the first girl I saw and so I fell in love with you. I know you think I'm a creep, but hear me out. It's all the effects of the arrow. I mean it can make me do the most bizarre things. But now it's all right, Angel, because you're here," I said. "See, I don't even know where that came from."
"You're telling me this because you want me to think you're not a creep?" she asked.
"Yeah, it's part of the effects of the arrow. You know, I really care about what you think," I said.
"Why didn't you just tell me this before? Were you afraid I wouldn't believe you?" she said.
"It's not that. It's just nobody's allowed to know. By telling you right now, my brother's probably going to loose his position on the Holiday Council as Cupid," I said.
"You mean that you two are telling me this even though he might loose his job, you're telling me this anyway?" she said. She turned to face him.
He nodded.
"Wow, I'm a jerk," she said.
"What? No you're not," I said. How could she think she was a jerk. She was the sweetest girl I had ever met.
"Yeah, I am. Because I couldn't handle a little teasing from my friends, you felt like you needed to tell me a secret that puts your brother at risk. I'm such a jerk. I didn't even really think that you were a creep. To tell you the truth I just felt intimidated by the attention," she said.
"Really?" I said.
"Actually I was flattered by you right from the start. I mean you were so nice and so direct. I just didn't like you know the stares and the laughter."
"Really?"
"Todd, I've been a jerk and I'd like to you to give me another chance. But do you think you can control yourself enough that we could just be friends? I mean I still care what people think," she said.
"Really?"
"Todd?"
"Oh, yeah, gorgeous, I wouldn't want anything more," I said. "Sorry."
"It's okay. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" she said to me. And to herself, "I'll have to tell my friends my decision."
"Oh, bye Haley. Thanks for coming over," I said.
"Sure. It was nice meeting you, Cupid," she said. "Oh, gosh, you're so dang cute." And with that she grabbed my brother from the air squeezed him and then left.
"Nice girl," he said floating over to me. "See, I told you I'd make it up to you."
"Yeah, you really did. You're always there for me when I need you," I said. "But now you'll probably loose your position on the Holiday Council as Cupid."
"Yeah, probably. I'll just get a job, you know, as a . . . a . . . you know, a . . ."
We heard a bell ring.
"Uh-oh. That's the emergency Holiday Council meeting bell. It's probably about me, no doubt. Wow, they found out fast. Curse Santa and his ability to see who's been naughty and nice," he said. He then flew out of the living room towards the meeting room. I followed him. We went into the meeting room and he checked where he was supposed to go on his portal. He turned towards me and said, "The meeting's here."
That was all he was able to say when a multitude of Holidays came rushing out of that portal.

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment