Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Apr 25, 2010

Show Not Tell

We were learning about show not tell and I decided to make it into a game show. I'm sure Wales Cardiff has some story behind it . . .

Game Show Host: Welcome to Show-not-Tell. You've heard of show-and-tell but this is Show-not-Tell. I'm your host, Wales Cardiff. Now let's play Show-not-Tell. But first let's meet the contestants: Emily, drama teacher from LA; Eric, small time engineer from New Jersey; and last but not least, Amy, stay-at-home mom from Virginia. Welcome, guys, are you ready to play Show-not-Tell? Okay, let's play. Your first sentence is "I know this isn't a good idea." You have thirty seconds to write a sentence.
(Contestants scribble down answers.)
Wales: Okay, let's see what you wrote. Emily?
Emily: My head screams at me as I take a step forward, "What in the world do you think you're doing!"
Wales: Good job. Eric?
Eric: My hand glides over the cold, silver banister as my conscience begs me to not do this.
Wales: Fabulous. Amy?
Amy: Incomplete.
Wales: Oh. Too bad. Judges?
(Eric's buzzer lights up.)
Wales: Looks like Eric is the winner of this round. Wow! Let's take a quick commercial break.

2 comments: