Thanks for visiting my blog! I created this blog to be able to put my story ideas down somewhere where I could share them with my friends and family. If you're here because I sent you here, thanks!!! I love it when people read my blog!
Some things you should know; I love writing but I'm just a novice which means I'm not that good. Also I'm really bad at updating, but I'm slightly better if I think someone's actually reading my blog. But the thing I'm worst at is finishing.
Thanks for reading anyway. Please leave comments. And if you want me to continue any story leave a comment or message me on Facebook or email me.
Thanks,
Ashley

Finished Stories: 1
Current Featured Story (the one I'm currently most focused on): Cassandra the All Knowing

Apr 25, 2010

Nine-Eleven

I skipped "Oz Series" because:
A. It's makes no sense.
B. It's clearly a time waster.
C. It wasn't made to be read.
Also something interesting background information about 9/11 and me is that I didn't know it had happened until my sixth grade year. This is what this poem is about. I proves that ignorance is not bliss.


Can I help it
If I don't know anything?
Not even a little bit.
I can't stand it being,
More like a moment in history.

Was the note sent home my fault?
Should I have ignored the pleadings
My teacher sent to not tell us of the crime?
Should I have thought about it?
Reflected on my own?

What I do now can not change the past.
What I do now can not alter my knowledge,
I'll have to live in agony of
Knowing I was alive when it happened.
Not actually ever knowing what really happened.
And not finding out until two years later.

This passage in history is history.
This dilemma seems so old.
This mind of mine is confused
By the victims of the crash
Why can't I be like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment